- The clinical impact of inherited bleeding disorders including disease prevalence and quantitative assessments of bleeding.
- The use of bleeding scores as a screening tool for inherited bleeding disorders and to assess disease severity.
- The underlying pathophysiology of inherited bleeding disorders at a cellular and molecular level
- BOEC (Blood Outgrowth Endothelial Cells)
- The use of BOEC to understand angiodysplasia in von Willebrand disease (VWD) and to investigate potential novel treatments
- A national study evaluating abnormal bleeding in female carriers of hemophilia
- Identification of undiagnosed individuals affected with an inherited bleeding disorder using a social media campaign
Young JE, Grabell J, Tuttle A, Bowman M, Hopman WM, Good D, Rydz N, Mahlangu JN, James PD. Evaluation of the Self-Administered Bleeding Assessment Tool (Self-BAT) in Hemophilia Carriers and Correlations with Quality of Life. Haemophilia. 2017 Nov;23(6):e536-e538. doi: 10.1111/hae.13354. PMID:28949433
Bowman ML, Pluthero FG, Tuttle A, Casey L, Li L, Christensen H, Robinson KS, Lillicrap D, Kahr WHA, James P.Discrepant Platelet and Plasma von Willebrand Factor in von Willebrand Disease Patients with p.Pro2808Leufs*24. J Thromb Haemost. 2017 Jul;15(7):1403-1411. PMID: 28453889
Hawke L, Bowman ML, Poon MC, Scully MF, Rivard GE, James PD.
Characterization of Aberrant Splicing of von Willebrand Factor in von Willebrand Disease: an Under-Recognized Mechanism. Blood. 2016 Jul 28;128(4):584-93. PMID: 27317792.
Deforest M, Grabell J, Albert S, Young J, Tuttle A, Hopman WM, James PD. Generation and Optimization of the Self-Administered Bleeding Assessment Tool and its Validation as a Screening Test for von Willebrand Disease.Haemophilia. 2015 Sep;21(5):e384-8. PMID: 26179127
Bowman M, Tuttle A, Notley C, Brown C, Tinlin S, Deforest M, Leggo J, Blanchette VS, Lillicrap D, James P for the Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada. The Genetics of Canadian Type 3 von WIllebrand Disease (VWD): Further Evidence for Co-dominant Inheritance of Type 3 VWD Alleles. J Thromb Haemost 2013 Mar; 11(3): 512-20. PMID 23311757