First Meeting Mentee Checklist
- Review your job description and reflect on your goals for the coming year. Record these goals in a word document and send these to your mentor in advance of your first meeting as well as any related questions you may have.
- Consider the skills sets that require additional mentoring. What skills do I need to learn or improve? What do I want to change about my work style? What professional networks are important?
- Ask your mentor for a copy of their CV prior to your meeting to familiarize yourself with their background.
- Discuss possible topics for future meetings. (e.g. time management, setting and achieving goals, balancing personal and professional life, completing manuscripts etc.)
- Agree on the timing of the next meeting.
- Use the reporting form as your own checklist for follow-up.
Adapted from Georgetown University website