Key Expectations for the Mentor
- Mentors will be expected to educate themselves to ensure they have the necessary understanding, skills and knowledge required to lead a successful mentoring relationship. Resources will be provided.
- Participate in faculty development.
- Ensure that the commitments of the formal mentorship program are met. (Data indicates that success of mentorship program is proportional to the frequency of contact between mentor-mentee).
- Notify the Director if the program is not progressing successfully.
- Maintain confidentiality of the mentee.