Women in Medicine Program
In 2016, the Department of Medicine launched the Women in Medicine Committee (WIM) Program. The members of the WIM committee are dedicated female faculty who work collaboratively to support one another throughout their career in medicine.
The goals of the committee are to:
- Promote advancement and success of women in academic leadership positions
- Create a community of women in medicine who provide support and mentorship to one another
- Show appreciation towards the women in the Department of Medicine who have made significant contributions
- Achieve 50% female faculty in the next 5 years
- Achieve 50% female faculty in Department of Medicine leadership positions in the next 7 years