2014 Research Highlights
- Received over $10M in research funding. This reflects a 25% increase in research revenue compared to 2013. We also received significant infrastructure funding from the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) (see figure 1).
- Received $5.1M in peer-reviewed funding and $4.3M in clinical trials funding (see figures 2 and 3).
- Using DOM innovation funds the Department established a DOM ICES Core to support population health research. The program includes a partnership with the Department of Surgery and is supported by a PhD epidemiologist, Dr. Susan Brogly.
- The research committee gave out $543K internal, peer-reviewed awards: $223K in seed grants to build research capacity, $240K in clinical care grants, and >$80K in fellowship awards.
- Increased participation in the Internal Grant Review Program.
2014 Research Awards
- Dr. Yeates received the John Maher Award from the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Dr. Johri received a Heart and Stroke Foundation Ontario Personnel Award.
- Dr. Archer was awarded a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Mitochondrial Dynamics and Translational Medicine.