Dr. Rozita Borici-Mazi joined the Queen's Faculty Of Health Sciences in 2008 in the Department of Medicine with cross appointment in the Department of Pediatrics. She was promoted to Associate Professor in 2015.
She is an attending staff in the Division of Allergy & Immunology and maintains an outpatient practice at Hotel Dieu Hospital with focus in diagnosis and management of allergic and immunologic conditions for adults and children of all ages. As an educator, she is involved in Undergraduate Teaching in classroom setting, as well as Postgraduate Training in Core Internal Medicine and Subspecialty of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. She was the Recipient of Clinical Skills Teaching Award, Term 4 in 2011 and Clinical Teaching Award in the Role of the Consultant in 2013.
Her research interests encompass optimal diagnosis and monitoring of food allergies with emphasis in peanut allergy and anaphylaxis. Clinical characterization, diagnosis and management of urticaria/angioedema in the ER department have been some of the hightlights of her recent research studies. A list of selected publications is shown below.
- Lerner M, Pal RS & Borici-Mazi R. Kounis syndrome and systemic mastocytosis in a 52-year-man having surgery. CMAJ 2017, February 6; 189:E208-11.
- Voisin MR & Borici-Mazi R. Anaphylaxis to supplemental oral lactase enzyme. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2016 Dec 13; 12:66.
- Curtis RM, Felder S, Borici-Mazi R & Ball I. ACE-induced angioedema: Accurate clinical diagnosis may prevent epinephrine -induced harm. West J Emerg Med. 2016 May; 17(3): 283-9.
- Felder S, Curtis RM, Ball I & Borici-Mazi R. Prognostic factors in outcome of angioedema in emergency department. Allergy Asthma Proc 2014 Sept-Oct; 35(5): 362-70.
- Bayat R & Borici-Mazi. A case of anaphylaxis to peppermint. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 2014 Jan 28;10(1):6.
- Borici-Mazi R, Mazza JA, & Moote DW & Payton KB. Monitoring of penaut allergic patients with peanut- specific IgE. Allergy Asthma Proc 2008 May-June; 29 (3):329-35.